Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bite Me-chapter one

I ran as hard as I could, trying to look for a place to hide. I heard the sirens getting closer and could see the red and blue lights in the corner of my eye. No!, I thought, I won't make it!


I ran and reached a narrow, alley littered with makeshift homes made from cardboard. The stench was almost unbearable, it smelled like rotting flesh. I continued running into the dark cluttered pathway. As I tried to maneuver my way through this place, I turned around. SLAM! I hit a wall. Or at least I thought. I looked up to a person about a foot taller than me. He suddenly grabbed me with amazing strength and lifted me as though I was a feather. I was about to scream when a giant hand covered my mouth.


"Silence!" he hissed. His voice was deep and I felt it reach all the way to my core, felt it brush past the wall I had built up after my parents died and go down to my deepest darkest fear. Loneliness.


I absently nodded and felt him sweep me away into the darkest part of the alley. We waited until the sound of sirens could no longer return and he slowly let me free. I spun around but could see nothing in the darkness. I stepped into the faint light of a light post.



"um...hello?" I squinted hard into the blackness of the night. A dark figure stepped out into the patch of light. He looked at me slightly amused. He had metallic blue eyes that shone like the moon. His hair was a jet black hue and reached to the end of his ears. He was strikingly beautiful and reminded me of a Greek god. He also had paper white skin.


He smiled when he noticed I couldn't take my eyes of him." Who are you?" I blurted out, unable to help myself. A couple of moments passed before he answered.


"Train" He replied slowly. He seemed to be getting bored.
Time passed and the silence around us got bigger. When He spoke up again he looked me directly in the eyes.


" Who are you?" He said the word "you" with a lot of emphasis. I started to reply when the sound of sirens seemed to be getting louder.


I looked around and saw an old lady holding a phone through a window in a two-story house. Crap! I thought. The police are coming for me again. The lady probably remembered me from the runaway fliers in the newspapers. I forgot about Train and took off running the opposite way the sound of sirens were coming from. I saw something in the corner of my eye and realized it was Train. He grabbed me by the arm and yanked me forward, urging me to go faster. I ran as hard as I could but was suddenly falling toward the ground. I had tripped over a rock in the ground and was dragging Train with me. I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head and everything went black.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kat! It's Mikayla (Bookworm95) I love love love this first chapter :) If its cool with you i will put it up on page?Email it to me. I could add it for more people to read. :) You can have your own page lol let me know!

    ReplyDelete