Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bite Me-chapter nine

I heard a knock on my dorm door, but I ignored it. I had almost killed Train. I was about an hour late for the meeting with the queen, but I didn't want to see her. I felt the hunger still burning inside of me, but I tried my best to ignore that too. I huddled in the darkest corner of my room, not wanting anyone to see me in this horrible state. I heard more knocks on the door, but soon, everything was quiet.

All of the sudden, the door came crashing down. I glanced up to see Train rushing toward me. I wiped my tears, but couldn't bring myself to look at them. I buried my face in my arms again and closed my eyes. I felt someones arms wrap around me and felt warm all over. I didn't have to look up to know it was Train. I froze as soon as he touched me. I knew I couldn't control myself if he was near me.

I pushed away and pressed myself against the wall. I wasn't shirtless anymore, I changed into a tank top and shorts when I got back. I was crying for three hours straight and didn't want to face anybody. I was the worst girlfriend anybody could have. I didn't want to hurt him, so I decided to stay away.

He stepped forward and closed the space between us. He put his arms up so I didn't have any way of escaping. I could see the blood flowing through his veins, the beating of his black heart. I remembered what Mr.Barnes said about our hearts turning black when we died. They still beat, of course, but somehow they worked better than humans.

Train leaned forward until I couldn't turn my head to the side either. I was completely cornered. He looked at me with such intensity that I held my breath. I wanted to look away, but something on his face held me still.

"Bite me" he said calmly. I gasped. What? If I bit him, I could kill him. He turned so that his neck was open, showing the bite marks from earlier. I tried to break away, but he pulled me closer. I saw the white of his neck and was entranced. I stopped struggling and leaned closer to his neck. I heard his breath catch as I brushed my fangs on his neck. I slowly sank my teeth into his flesh and heard him groan in pain. I felt his warm blood in my mouth. Sweeter than any candy I have ever tasted. Stronger than any alcohol I ever tried. I felt his life quiver, his heart slowing. I was drinking the life from him. He groaned in pleasure, not feeling his live going slowly. A bite made both the vampire and the person getting bit feel a sexual bond toward each other. Sometimes it made the feeder or person getting bit, feel like they were getting high, but it was better. When Train bit me, I didn't want him to ever stop. Most human feeders got addicted to the bites and were known as blood kissed. I learned all of this because the principal, Mrs. Granger, gave me text books to caught up to speed. I was up for two days reading because I felt stupid when I got called on and didn't know the answer.

I knew I had to pull away, the thought in the back of my head. I reluctantly yanked myself away from his neck. I could see it was still bleeding, and I felt myself lean in and lick the spots that I bit. The wound immediately stopped bleeding, but was a long way from healing. I realized how deep I sank my teeth into his flesh and noted to be careful next time, if there was a next time.

I looked at Train. He smiled at me and leaned in the kiss me. We kissed for what seemed like forever until we broke apart. I knew he was getting closer to my neck as he kissed me on the cheek and jaw. I held my breath as he sank his fangs deep into my skin. I whimpered in pain and moaned in pleasure. I pulled him closer to me and he pulled me to him. I felt something click between us. I felt it when he drank from me the first time, but it was stronger. He drank until I felt dizzy, and forced himself to pull away. I groaned when he did, but knew if he didn't stop, I would be dead. For real this time.

We stared at each other in silence for a couple more minutes. Train was the one to break it. "We imprinted." He said slowly. He felt guilty that we imprinted without me knowing until it was done. He couldn't stop himself. Wait. Why, how did I know what he was feeling? I felt him closer to me that ever before. A bond stronger than any other bond.

"I could feel what you're feeling." I say, looking at him with a curious glaze.

"I could feel what you're feeling too. It comes with the bond. We can communicate to each other through our minds." I gasped as he said this. This was all coming too fast. I sat on my bed and tried to take it all in. He sat by me and held my hand. "Don't worry, we will get through this together." He said as he leaned to kiss me. It was a quick kiss, but when his lips touched, I felt warm all over again. "The Queen must be furious with you" He suddenly said.

******************************

We met the Queen in a unused gym on the other side of the campus. The maids had cleaned it up to where it resembled a ballroom. Chandlers hung all over the ceiling and candles were decorated around the entire gym. The chandlers sparkled with the light from the candles and made little spots of light scattered everywhere. I had to blink because it was almost too beautiful. Humans wouldn't find it as amazing, but through vampire eyes, it was incredible. I noticed every little detail in the room.

My eyes fell on the queen just as she started to speak. She looked about in her early forties and had blond hair tied in a bun. She wore a dress that could have been five thousand dollars and a necklace ,that had a heart pendant, that could have been seventy thousand. She was beautiful for her age, but that was an understatement. She looked like a movie star or model.

I walked forward and copied Train, kneeling down. We then got up and introduced ourselves. "Good evening, your Majesty, I am Drew Welock." I said and stepped back. She smiled and looked at me with the knowing expression that made me shiver.

"Come here, child. I shall give you a gift from the Goddess herself." She said in a friendly tone. I walked toward her outstretched arms and placed my hands in hers. She smiled at me with a grin the size of a watermelon. "Close your eyes dear." She said with her weak voice.

All of the sudden, I felt a tingling pain and gasped as it swiftly increased. It hurt so bad that my fangs slid out of their sheaths, ready to fight. I had to bit my tong just to stop myself from screaming. I could taste the metal in my mouth from my own blood. Finally, the pain stopped, and I feel down to the floor, unable to hold myself.

I felt Train's shock through the bond as he rushed toward me. I slowly got up, with his help, and faced the Queen. For the first time since I met her, she was frowning. She looked so worried and nervous that I walked up and hugged her. I didn't know what made her so upset, but somehow, I had to comfort her. I heard her gasp, along with others, as I slowly pulled back to look at her.

"Whatever it is, I can handle it, what's wrong?" I asked gently. Her smile returned at these words, but it didn't reach her eyes.

"You are the only one who has the element of black fire. It s true that students here have fire, but your fire is mixed with death. Therefore, it is black. When I gifted you with your element, it wasn't originally supposed to hurt, but that is the effect of death." She paused, looked at me, and continued." There are two more like you at this school, they have abilities and elements that no one else has. I will send you to talk to them later. Now, I need rest, gifting someone an element takes energy." She smiled weakly.

I tried to understand this. Black fire? I didn't quite understand." There's something your not telling me." I said calmly.

"You have to figure out the rest on your own, dear."She said and shooed me away.

1 comment:

  1. this was a really good start to the chapter :) now hurry up and finish it so I can read it!

    ReplyDelete